This training will provide field security focal points with an understanding of the principles of security management, and equip them with practical tools and strategies to implement security policies and procedures, so that they can provide effective security support to field teams as well as contribute to the overall safety and security of the agency.
The training also builds analytical capacity for assessing changes to local conflict dynamics and threats affecting programme activity.
Working With Risk In The Field
Each new situation is unique. But the reality is that general principles can be applied to assessing, anticipating and mitigating risk. In this course you’ll be introduced to the Safer Edge Security Compass, and learn how to use it to keep your team’s safety on track.
This course will cover:
- Understanding basic principles of security management in humanitarian operations
- Understanding threat and vulnerability, and how to mitigate risk
- Detecting and analysing changes to local security environment
- Implementing and sustaining policies and procedures
- Discussion on the link between local conflict dynamics and programme activities and how this affects risk
- How to develop effective communication strategies – within organisations and between them.
This two-day course will:
- Develop participants’ practical understanding of security management
- Build capacity for implementing and sustaining security policies and procedures at field level
- Equip Security Focal Points to contribute to the overall safety and security profile of the organisation
- Develop participants’ analytical skills in assessing risk, and changes to the local security environment
- Teach practical methods of communicating security-related information within the organisation.