Participants review their immediate threats and hazards, and learn skills, procedures and knowledge to stay safer.
- To analyse the current threats, focusing on the main security concerns of staff in the field, and how to address these.
- To develop a practical understanding of the safety and security environment, and how to develop and establish a culture of safety and security awareness in your organisation.
- To become aware of and understand personal, organisational and community roles in safety and security.
- Understanding threat and vulnerability.
- How can we prepare better?
- How we improve security through good communications.
- Avoiding kidnapping and abduction, and how to survive.
- Resilience, stress and security.
- What to do when staff members are missing.
- Weapons, their effects, and what we can do to be safer.
- Preparing for crises, and managing them.
- Working in high crime areas.
- Safe and unsafe travel; let’s get it right.
- Dealing with tensions, rioting and looting.
- Safety measures for fire and other hazards.
The training will include practical activities, coaching and advising, mentoring, classroom activities, interactive and challenging experiences, tests, reviews and assessments.
Specific, regional and generic security threats will be addressed, ensuring the highest possible training and coaching impact. Trainers will work side by side with participants and develop the best possible outcomes in every part of the training.
Please note: this course does not include first aid training. Click here for details of our HEAT course, which combines personal security and first aid.