Resilience is the ability to bounce-back under pressure and this is a vital well-being and success factor for non-profit sector workers engaged in potentially stressful activities. Our natural resilience can be enhanced through training and the Achilles program specialises in doing just this for those working in the third sector.
This one-day course will teach the fundamentals of resilience in a practical and interactive manner to build participants personal capacity to manage difficulty.
This course is a must for anyone whose job relies upon them not just being able to deal with stress but to work optimally under pressure.
Return on Investment of Resilience Training
- Reduced burnout, sickness and staff turnover rates
- Reduced conflict
- Increased efficiency
- Increased morale
- Better working relationships
Unique Features of the Achilles Training
- Designed and delivered by people with experience in the NGO sector for people in the NGO sector
- Interactive, enjoyable training approach
- The most well-rounded approach to resilience available – a truly integral training, incorporating the best of many courses
- Expertise in behavioural change so people don’t just learn about resilience but actually become more resilient
- What all NGO workers need to know about resilience – Psychoeducation
- The basics – health and wellbeing factors
- Getting it together under pressure – “centring” and mindfulness
- Thinking about thinking – applied cognitive psychology
- Decompression Skills and self-management post stress and trauma
- Psychological first aid – supporting and “diffusing” colleagues
- Listening skills and when to get outside help
- Organisational and cultural factors
- Reality and resistance – How to change current behaviours
Feedback from recent participants
“How do I feel? I feel thankful that my organisation has been willing to provide this session. The trainees will be better prepared than I was for the stresses of the field, and I feel like I started to make up for years of rejecting counselling”
Roger Dean, Merlin
“I thought that I was pretty aware of my own resilience levels before attending this training, but I gained so many new insights into my own resilience and how to help others implement strategies so they can prevent and bounce back quickly!”
Stephanie, IAM, Afghanistan
“For me, the Achilles Training came at the start of my two year contract in Afghanistan. This was perfect timing as I now feel more equipped to deal with the pressures of living / working here and more able to recognize the early signs of burnout in myself and others. At the start of the course I decided to be honest with myself and others about my strengths and weakness, fears (etc) and I am sure I got more from the course as a result. I learned techniques for stress management, which I have been practicing and which have made a significant difference to my work life.”
Joseph Hardwick, Medair Afghanistan
Below is a short video of two of Merlin’s staff members with their thoughts about the Achilles training.
Organisational consultancy and related add-on modules are also available. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.