Guards are increasingly important for your safety, yet their work and potential are often overlooked. As threats emerge, and as safety and security become more challenging, an effective team of trained guards is essential. This course will improve your guards’ performance and enhance security across the organisation by improving their knowledge, awareness and skills.
Training Guards for Effective Security – 1 or 2 Day Course
- Raise awareness and knowledge of the primary threats facing the organisation and its teams.
- Explain the various roles and responsibilities of guards at all levels in all the current work locations.
- Training and empowerment to enhance confidence and professionalism.
- Provision of skills necessary to be effective.
- Outlining and discussing primary threats.
- The roles and responsibilities of guards.
- Cultural awareness.
- Basic communication skills.
- Guards’ equipment and dress.
- Hostile Surveillance (awareness and avoidance).
- Effective control of the compound.
- Controlling and recording visitors.
- Assessing risks.
- Effective patrolling techniques.
- Searches (people, vehicles, and buildings).
- Emergencies, how to respond.
- General Safety (electricity, water, locks)
- Fire Safety (preventing and extinguishing).
The training will include practical activities, coaching and advising and classroom activities with interactive and challenging experiences, delivered by a skilled and qualified international Safer Edge trainer, assisted by local facilitators to ensure language and cultural issues are properly addressed.